Monday, August 28, 2006

Euro Shorts Arrived!






After two days, Spanair delivered my stuff. Naturally I paused before actually putting on clean underwear, but eventually caved in.

I don't have a bathing suit, but quickly found out that the Euro Shorts I accidentally purched as underwear before leaving enable me to fit in nicely as a local on the beach. As this is a family friendly foray for now, no fotos.

Barcelona is amazing. The coffee is strong, the weather is mild and the people are friendly. Enjoying myself quite a bit, spending a lot of time with other first years.

We recently took a field trip to a string of nightclubs in the hills where Ashwin transitioned from Salsa to Hip-Hop without missing a beat, wowing while wooing the ladies.

It's been difficult to get much admin garbage done, with August bank hours from 12:00- 12:15, and ample distractions. I'm homing in on permanent housing, a pre-requisite for a residence card, essential to legally purchase a moto, which will open up the city tremendously.

As for my Spanish, I think the pic taken last night at Botafumeiro- a phenomenal seafood restaurant we closed down at 1:45- indicates the Costa Rican hand gestures translate to the mother country, though I'm yet to master Castilian pronunciation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashwyn said...

great blog, bad picture (mine) .. but then I´m not what you´d call photogenic haha.
you´ve got a good thing going on here, mind if I link you to my blog?

4:34 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

are yo speaking espanol?

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home