Monday, August 28, 2006

Euro Shorts Arrived!






After two days, Spanair delivered my stuff. Naturally I paused before actually putting on clean underwear, but eventually caved in.

I don't have a bathing suit, but quickly found out that the Euro Shorts I accidentally purched as underwear before leaving enable me to fit in nicely as a local on the beach. As this is a family friendly foray for now, no fotos.

Barcelona is amazing. The coffee is strong, the weather is mild and the people are friendly. Enjoying myself quite a bit, spending a lot of time with other first years.

We recently took a field trip to a string of nightclubs in the hills where Ashwin transitioned from Salsa to Hip-Hop without missing a beat, wowing while wooing the ladies.

It's been difficult to get much admin garbage done, with August bank hours from 12:00- 12:15, and ample distractions. I'm homing in on permanent housing, a pre-requisite for a residence card, essential to legally purchase a moto, which will open up the city tremendously.

As for my Spanish, I think the pic taken last night at Botafumeiro- a phenomenal seafood restaurant we closed down at 1:45- indicates the Costa Rican hand gestures translate to the mother country, though I'm yet to master Castilian pronunciation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashwyn said...

great blog, bad picture (mine) .. but then I´m not what you´d call photogenic haha.
you´ve got a good thing going on here, mind if I link you to my blog?

4:34 AM  
Blogger Slinky Redfoot said...

are yo speaking espanol?

10:16 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

Owen I have no doubt that you're speaking Spanish, and much of it, even if you it sounds right or is gramatically correct or not....esp. if the coffee is as strong as you say!

;)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home